Ceramic Microsystem Technology
Very often specific conditions are required to apply “functional materials”.
In the field of planar gas sensors, for instance, the transducer is the essential part of the system. Properties of substrates or methods to make electrical contacts are as important as the functional layer itself.
But not only gas sensors but also carriers for microcircuits, vias, or other sensors beyond gas detection are, are of interest for us.
Ceramic microsystem technology meets highest requirements to realize reliable structures for highest performance.
We use and continually improve the following techniques:
- Low-Temperature-Co-Fired Ceramics (LTCC)
- High-Temperature-Co-Fired Ceramics (HTCC)
- Thick and Thin-Film Technologies
- Screen-Printing, Stencil Technology, Aerosol Deposition, Dip Coating, Evaporation Deposition
- Photolithographic Patterning
- Laser patterning of substrates and functional layers
Dr.-Ing. Jaroslaw Kita, Phone: +49 (0)921 55 7407, Jaroslaw.Kita@uni-bayreuth.de